- Louisville, KY
Industrial Engineers at Advanced Solutions are part of its Solution Engineering (or business consulting) team. The role involves the optimization of complex processes or systems in manufacturing, architectural, engineering, construction and distribution operations. The position is concerned with the development, improvement, implementation, and evaluation of integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, materials, and analysis, as well as the mathematical, physical and social sciences together with the principals and methods of engineering design to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems or process. The underlying role requires a business-oriented operations management background combined with extensive technical fluency and usage of quantitative methods.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops models, databases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provide summary analysis and metrics as directed by higher level employees for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers).
- Researches, designs, develops, improves, and implements processes as directed to enhance workflow performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and assets utilization.
- Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, and statistics) to assist in developing optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
- Analyzes and supports the design of the value stream including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, workflow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
- Conducts business process mapping including the creation of customer “as is” process maps (documenting all the current company processes, terminology, tools in use, responsible parties, and more) and customer “to be” process map (detailing an optimized business workflow and quantifying the impact of change).
- Utilizes ASI in-hours modeling tools including Arena and Slot3D to evaluate complex systems and recommend improved processes that help ASI’s customers realize increase revenue, reduced operation costs and improved operation efficiencies.
- Applies industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design workflow that meets program requirements. This will often entail participation in PLM system implementation engagements to include system design, configuration, scripting, testing, and rollout tasks.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to apply analysis and creative thinking when solving problems.
- Experience with identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Strong data management and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask, meets deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently.
- Able to communicate effectively with both business partners and IT professionals.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, planning and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related engineering field.
- Master’s degree or 3-5 years work experience as an Industrial Engineer preferred.
- Ability to meet 25-50% travel requirement.
The company offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package including health, vision, dental, STD, LTD, FSA, term life insurance, and 401(k) plans.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Advanced Solutions will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.