Senior Software Engineer – Slot3D
- Louisville, KY
Advanced Solutions is a recognized leader in implementing and supporting 2D and 3D design software solutions. Slot3D Professional is an economic based slotting tool that is fully integrated with AutoCAD®, the world’s leading design software program. Fortune 500 companies among many others use Slot3D to visualize, simulate and analyze results in streamlining warehouse workflow and reducing operating costs. Slot3D capabilities include optimized slotting plans, capacity analysis, space and layout planning, equipment cost / benefit analysis, and benchmarking. Advanced Solutions is looking to fill a senior-level development position on the Slot3D team.
This talented developer will need to be skilled in many aspects of software development. They must be highly motivated, always learning and willing to expand their horizons. While they may prefer a particular platform or technology, they are able to recognize when a different solution might be appropriate. They are able to adapt and pick up new and different technologies quickly.
Today Slot3D is primarily a C# and SQL-based solution with product on the cusp of transitioning to a cloud-centric and AI-enabled application. Developers in this role should be versatile; able to easily work across different tool chains and interested in evolving the technology stack to meet changing need of Slot3D’s userbase.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads and participates in software development efforts
- Communicates with customers (internal and external) during the development process to ensure a successful completion of the project.
- Proactively participates in the identification, assessment, and resolution of issues and mitigation of risks
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can works independently when needed and manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of Object-Oriented modeling and development, both in theory and practice.
- Basic understanding of common Software Design Patterns such as MVC or MVP
- Strong computer science foundation and general analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent subject area)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent subject area) or equivalent experience
- Experience with at least 1 or 2 modern programming languages such as Java, Python, C# or C++
- Experience with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL
- Experience with building and utilizing APIs and services with REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience using Web technologies including modern frameworks like Angular and React
- Experience with leading software development tools and practices like Agile/Scrum and Test-Driven Development.
- Ability to interpret and translate technical requirements into appropriate interface designs.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Advanced Solutions will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.