Senior Software Engineer
- Open (close proximity to ASI office preferred)
Advanced Solutions is a recognized leader in implementing and supporting 2D and 3D design software solutions, and has grown to become one of the largest Autodesk resellers in the United States. Advanced Solutions provides a wide array of software engineering services including Autodesk product customization, design verification, simulation, and task automation.
Advanced Solutions is seeking an individual to lead its software engineering consulting practice. The individual in this role will participate in the fully software development lifecycle from project initiation through delivery. This position will best fit those who enjoy working with people across many industries and the related challenge of learning about new processes, environments, and technologies on an almost daily basis.
A Senior Software Engineer is a mix of software engineer, business analysts, and project manager. The position involves working directly with clients to develop and document project requirements, participating in the actual software engineering work to fulfill project needs, and managing engagements to obtain on-time, on-budget, and on-functionality delivery by coordinating the efforts of other team members and partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Gathers project requirements through direct interactions with customers and sales
- Creates project specifications
- Leads and participates in software development efforts
- Communicates with customers during the development process to ensure a successful completion of the project.
- Proactively participates in the identification, assessment, management, and resolution of issues and mitigation of risks
- Oversees projects to drive on-time, on-budget, on-functionality delivery through management of activities of other developers and partners
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of and experience in all aspects of software engineering practice.
- Ability to tee-up conversations, ask through provoking questions, and see and probe problems when gathering requirements for software development engagements.
- Ability to prepare concise, specific, and understandable project specification documents.
- Strong group and team leadership capability.
- Can manage multiple priorities, multitask, meets deadlines, and prioritize requests.
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or MBA or equivalent experience
- Project Management or Team Leadership experience
- Experience with .NET framework and C#
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with both Agile/Scrum and traditional implementation processes.
- Ability to interpret and translate technical requirements into appropriate interface designs.
- Experience leading projects, groups, and/or teams
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Advanced Solutions will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.